Do you and your staff know how to prevent a food allergy emergency?
The new EU Directive (No. 1169/2011) regarding allergen information is hugely affecting the "mass caterer" i.e. establishment such as restaurants, pubs, cafes, not excluding a vehicle or a fixed or mobile stall, staff canteens, school dining rooms, hospitals, in fact all catering enterprises in which their business is to prepare open food ready for final consumption by the public consumer. Training available April 2013.
FAME's Vision & Mission
- All sufferers of food allergies, intolerances, including those with special dietary requirements will be able to dine out with confidence and safety.
- To achieve this, we will train and educate catering establishments UK and Europe-wide and provide them with the tools and knowledge which will create a safe environment for food allergic sufferers to eat in.
ANY FOOD CAN BE AN ALLERGEN!
The most common are:
- Cereals (gluten)
- Milk (lactose)
- Sesame Seeds
- Shellfish (crustaceans & molluscs)
- Sulphur Dioxide (Sulphites)
- Tree Nuts
The results for the caterer include:
- Compliance with the legislation (EU) No 1169/2011
- Recognition for their efforts, by both the hospitality industry and the food allergic population
- Improved customer and employee satisfaction
- Continual business success
Our Products and Services include:
- Training - on line, and bespoke group sessions
- Tools - Allergen Saf-T-Zone Kits, and other purple colour coded accessories
- Operational and management systems
- FAME accreditation for your catering business
Food Allergy Training for the Catering Industry
Online training and certification. Developed in conjunction with a panel of industry experts and the University of Northampton.
FAME Allergen Saf-T-Zone Kits
Introducing the innovative FAME Allergen Saf-T-Zone Kits.